Steam Controller Just got Updated
So apparently, all of us know that weird looking controller steam made. It was essentially made to emulate a mouse, that is why it got 2 touchpad type of things. At the launch time, it didn’t come with a bunch of features, I mean controllers themselves don’t have features right. Umm yeah, somewhat. Although, Steam controller is set to change all that. It just got some new features which make it “less” weird and actually makes sense. Some of these features are long awaited and really needed. So let’s go through them.
Yesterday, Valve released a new update for the Steam beta client, alongside that the update also introduces some new features for the controller.
One of the new abilities of the controller is:-
– Being Able to Change Configurations
So Now you can change the configurations of the controller, for example, you got the different configuration for the FPS games and different for the AAA games. It is not a massive change but it’s welcome.
The update also fixes the horizontal invert settings when not working when using mouse joystick and clears out of a lot of other problems, especially when the game failed to recognise the controller or not apply the settings correctly.
Also, there are a lot of new features of VR things.
Full Steam Notes Below
Steam Beta March 11 Patch Notes:
- Emoticons show up now in Big Picture
- Added user-definable action sets for legacy games.
- Users can now add additional action sets with their own sets of bindings. Action sets can be added/deleted/named as appropriate and selected via a binding. Note that unlike mode-shifts, action sets completely replace all currently active bindings, and can have their own mode shifts and so forth.
- Added New Controller Action binding types which will expand in the future with bindings that are not specific to the game, but rather higher level, as noted below.
- Added Change Action Set Binding – sets the action set to the next or a specified action set when used.
- Added Show Keyboard Binding – shows the on-screen keyboard
- Added Take Screenshot Binding – takes a screenshot
- Removed hard coded desktop keyboard shortcut (stick click) and replaced it with controller action binding in the default desktop configuration.
- Fixed some cases of non-steam games not applying controller settings. Ensure that “Allow Launchers” option is off for this to take effect.
- Fixed controllers not turning off on Suspend power mode in Desktop mode which could cause zombie controllers to be seen over wireless
- Fixed Horizontal Invert setting not working on Mouse Joystick
- Automatically launch SteamVR after it finishes updating
- Added the SteamVR tool in the SteamVR section in the Library view
- Added SteamVR to the jump list options
- Improved scrolling when using the touchpads in the Steam interface while in your HMD
- Fixes for URL entry in big picture