Tom Clancy’s The Division – Patch 1.4 Is Now Available
Ubisoft has just released the highly anticipated patch 1.4 for Tom Clancy’s The Division. This patch introduces World Tiers, comes with major balance tweaks and brings various User Interface improvements. According to the release notes, players will be able to select a World Level Tier – once they reach level 30 – that controls the level of enemy NPCs encountered and the quality of the loot they drop.
The game will feature four World Tiers, and activity difficulty in a same World Tier (Normal, Hard, Challenging) will provide more rewards. This update also improves the AI of enemies and NPCs, adds a player reporting interface for PC users, allows player health to progressively regenerate to full when out of combat, and removes Heroic Difficulty from all game activities. This update will be auto-downloaded from UPLAY, and you can find a part of its huge changelog below (full changelog can be found here).
New Feature: World Tiers
- Upon reaching level 30, players are now able to select the World
- Level Tier that controls the level of enemy NPCs encountered and the quality of the loot they drop
- There is a total of 4 World Level tiers:
- Tier 1: enemy lvl30, gear score rewards 163
- Tier 2: enemy lvl31, gear score rewards 182, unlocks Challenge difficulty, unlocks Incursions
- Tier 3: enemy lvl32, gear score rewards 204
- Tier 4: enemy lvl33, gear score rewards 229
- Activity difficulty in the same World Tier (Normal, Hard, Challenging) will provide more rewards
- Heroic Difficulty is no longer available for any game activity.
- Added a player reporting interface for PC users.
- Players now have the “mark as junk” option when equipping mods.
- Players can now mark weapon and gear items as “favorites” which locks them in their inventory. Locked items cannot be sold, shared or dismantled.
- Added a buyback option to vendor’s inventory. Players can now recover items they have accidentally sold.
- Added Quick Nav option to vendors and menus allowing players to quickly select item types they want to display.
Weapon skins no longer take inventory space.
- Equipped items are now always displayed at the top of the inventory list.
- Recalibrated items now have an icon displayed next to their recalibrated stat/talent.
- Crafting materials can now be converted in bulk at the Crafting Station.
- Players can now deconstruct items from the Stash.
- Players now have the option to find a better server if they are currently on one that is not their best option. They can do so from the Group Management menu.
- Players are no longer able to open their inventory while under a status effect.
- Recalibration bench now opens instantly instead of waiting for watch tapping animation.
- Time-to-kill enemy NPCs has been lowered.
- Many improvements were made to enemy AI.
- Player ammo capacity has been increased by 50% after level 30.
- When matchmaking the game will now attempt to refill empty slots if the group privacy allows it.
- Incendiary and Explosive Rounds will no longer apply status effects like Stagger and On Fire.
- Accuracy will now be lowered for a short duration after performing a combat roll.
- Added a delay between leaving a group and signing up for matchmaking.
- Weapon magazines are now refilled when restocking from an ammo crate.
- The crafting material drops from the Base of Operations will now reward High-End quality after level 30.
- Removed scavenging from the game. Scavenging is removed as a secondary stat on all gear pieces. New gear pieces can no longer roll scavenging.
- The Map indicator for Rogue players now increases in size the closer they are to the player.
- Player grenade damage now scales with the current World Tier to ensure consistent efficiency against NPCs across World Tiers.
- Shotgunner NPCs: their damage falloff and accuracy have been slightly reduced. This should limit their range and lower their lethality in long to mid-range combat.
- Several improvements to NPC AI.
- Player health will now progressively regenerate to full when out of combat.
- Updated the ways NPCs react to Player Threat, now allowing players to more predictably manage enemy agro
- Fixed a bug where NPC turrets would count towards Daily and Weekly Assignments for this NPC type.
- Fixed a bug where named bosses could respawn in the Open World when going to a safe house.
- Fixed a bug where two duplicate blueprints (Iron Sight 2 and 3) could be acquired.
- Fixed a bug where NPC turrets could become invisible and indestructible if destroyed while being repaired by the NPC.
- Fixed a bug where characters could be stuck on ladders when jumping on it after sprinting.
- Fixed a bug where Armor Damage Mitigation was capped at 60% in World Tiers 2 and above. It will now correctly cap at 70% in all World Tiers.
- Fixed a bug where NPCs could shoot players through doors while they were being opened.
- Fixed a bug where the intensity of the Directive Sickness would be decided on Operation entry, allowing for Gear swap to reduce the effect. The intensity will now dynamically adapt to the current Stamina of the player.
- Fixed a bug where skills could be stuck on cooldown indefinitely in some situations
- Fixed a bug where First Aid would not trigger if the player is in a firefight.
- Fixed a bug where First Aid effect would not apply immediately after triggering the skill.
- Fixed a bug where Smart Cover would be destroyed when used during a combat roll.
- Fixed a bug where Smart Cover would be destroyed if deployed instantly while the player if aiming down the sight.
- Fixed a bug where Smart Cover Trapper would apply to non-hostile players.
- Fixed a bug where Smart Cover would be destroyed by friendly or enemy explosions. Smart Cover can now only be destroyed by enemy Sticky Bomb (Flashbang) and EMP grenades.
- Fixed a bug where the self-reload from the 4 piece Lone Star set would not benefit from the Support Station Ammo Cache.
- Fixed a bug where shooting Smart Cover off a wall would remove its effect.
- Fixed a bug where the Ammo Cache buff would be lost when two Support Stations with this mod would overlap each other and one of them be destroyed.
- Fixed a bug where fire damage dealt to a player using the Ballistic Shield would be dealt with the player instead of the Shield.
- Fixed a bug where players could retain the Mobile Cover buff after leaving the cover.
- Fixed a bug where the game could freeze when holding the skill deployment button of a second skill when the character was using a Mobile Cover.
- Fixed a bug where activating a skill during a cover to cover move and then ending the move could lead to all skills being stuck on cooldown.
- Fixed a bug where First Aid Booster Shot would not provide the expected Damage bonus.
- Fixed a bug where First Aid would revive players no matter which Skill Mod was selected.
- Fixed a bug where Recovery Link heal would not apply if the targeted player is currently aiming with a skill.
- Fixed a bug where Smart Cover would be destroyed by enemy grenades (EMP grenades can still destroy Smart Cover, as intended).
- Fixed a bug where Support Station would not revive a player if the Station caster is also in the downed state.
- Fixed a bug where Recovery Link would not trigger correctly when the player dies.
- Fixed a bug where Mobile Cover Countermeasures would not correctly hide the agent from Pulse.
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to use a Signature Skill while aiming with grenades.
- Fixed a bug where skills could be stuck in permanent cooldown.
- Fixed a bug where instant-firing the Sticky Bomb while another skill is readied could cause display issues.
- Fixed a bug where instant-using Mobile Cover while aiming with another skill could cause issues with the Mobile Cover.
- Fixed a bug where Support Station Ammo Cache was affected by its own Skill Haste bonus.
- Fixed a bug where self-casting First Aid while aiming down sight would drop the First Aid to the ground instead of applying it directly to the caster.
- Fixed a bug where Repo Reaper would give bullets to the player when killing an enemy with the primary weapon.
- Fixed a bug where Tactical Advance damage bonus would not be calculated correctly.
- Fixed a bug where Triage would apply to consumable cooldowns.
- Fixed a bug where Specialized would not correctly increase Skill Power.
- Fixed a bug where Resourceful would not apply to Ballistic Shield.
- [PC] Fixed a bug where going into cover while keeping the holding the mouse button for continuous fire would interrupt shooting until the mouse button is released and pressed again.
- Fixed a bug where the Striker 4 pieces buff would be lost when switching between primary and secondary weapon.
- Fixed a bug where AlphaBridge would not take a Weapon Talent into account if both weapons have it and the requirements are not met on either one of them.
- Fixed a bug where the 4-piece talent of Final Measure would not defuse the APC Mortar shells in Falcon Lost.
- Fixed a bug where the supply drop helicopter could be heard from the map in a safe house.
- Fixed a bug where opening the mod menu from the inventory would always open for the equipped weapon instead of the selected weapon.
- Fixed a bug where the character and background would turn dark while trying to browse the appearance tab in the inventory.
- Fixed a bug where Audio would drop out on PS4.
- Fixed a bug where Grenade range was not displayed properly and appeared smaller than it actually is.
- Fixed a bug where bonus Medkits and Ammo gathered with specific backpacks or gear items equipped would remain after swapping to other items.
- Fixed a bug where players would reach maximum capacity for vanity items and wouldn’t be able to pick up new ones.
- Fixed a bug where using Ammo Cache Support Station in the
- Underground with Waste Want Not Directive active could result in negative ammo.
- Fixed various text errors and misspells.
- Fixed a bug where the third bonus from High-End weapon mods would not show when the mod is attached to a weapon.
- Fixed a bug where some settings would reset to default when the game is restarted.
- Fixed a bug where the World Level Tier tutorial would show up every time the player would enter the Terminal.
- Fixed a bug where the Valkyria blueprint would not appear at the blueprint vendor.